Who are you talking to?
Telling the wrong people about your event is a waste of time, so identify the people likely to be interested in your event and tailor your message accordingly.
Get to know the four potential event audiences: hard core enthusiasts (those with a natural interest in the event); adventure travellers (those willing to travel for a distinctive event); opportunity seekers (those who visit events during a day or overnight trip); and home grown locals (local community members), and ask them these key questions:
- How interested are they in your event?
- How far are they prepared to travel?
- How do they know about your event?
- How do they use social media?
- How can you communicate with them effectively?
Click here to find out who your target audience is and how you can ‘talk’ with them.
Click here to find more information on this step and best practice examples.