Tourism Research Australia (TRA) is a branch within the Tourism Division of Austrade. We are Australia's leading provider of quality tourism intelligence across both international and domestic markets. We equip industry with information to strengthen their marketing and business decisions. Our data underpin government tourism policy and help improve the performance of the tourism industry for the benefit of the Australian community.
Our team of research analysts, forecasters, economists and communication professionals are committed to producing robust tourism research and analysis, which includes:
- results from the International Visitor Survey (IVS) and National Visitor Survey (NVS)
- State of the Industry report, which assesses the current performance of the tourism industry and the emerging trends that will affect the industry
- key information about travellers, including demographics; expenditure; places visited; activities; accommodation; and transportation
- annual forecasts of tourism activity for the next ten years
- tourism business and employment data
- economic impact data
- regional expenditure data
- customised research at a regional level (Destination Visitor Surveys).
There's a range of free publications on our website, but if you have a complex request, contact Statsline and our research analysts will customise data to meet your needs.
You can also pay to subscribe to TRA Online to access real time research using TRA’s extensive databases. Read more about our customised data services.